Whole roasted Bronzino with fennel, olives and lemon
Ludo à la Maison Season 11, Episode 2...Whole roasted Bronzino with fennel, olives and lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400f
- Prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl and bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Trim the stem end of each fennel bulb and remove the outer layer. Cut each bulb in half and then into ½ inch slices.
- Blanch for 5 minutes, drain, then transfer to the ice bath.
- Drain and set aside.
- Drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish and layer it with the fennel.
- Season the fish on both sides and inside the cavity as well as the fennel in the baking dish with salt and white pepper.
- Break the cloves of garlic apart and smash them leaving the skin on so they don't burn.
- Stuff the cavity of the fish with a bay leaf, one clove of garlic, a sprig of oregano, a sprig of thyme, some slices of lemon and a piece or two of the fennel.
- Add the rest to the pan of fennel.
- Place the fish on top of the fennel and herbs and drizzle the whole thing with the rest of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the olives around the outside of the fish and bake at 400 for 20-25min depending on the size of the fish.
- Once cooked, remove the filets from the bones and plate with some of the fennel, olives, lemons and herbs.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon.