< Back to Recipes
For the butter
- ½ pound Plugra Butter (softened)
- 6 each Garlic Cloves (chopped fine)
- ½ each Shallots (chopped fine)
- ½ Tbsp White Wine
- 1 oz (by volume) Parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp White Pepper (ground)
- Pinch Nutmeg (ground)
For the Escargot
- 6ea Escargot Shells (Xtra large)
- 6ea Escargot (Sabarot brand)
- 1 ea Escargot Tray (to bake escargot) *
- 1ea Escargot Tongs
- 1ea Escargot Fork
- 1ea Baguette
- Cut butter into small blocks about ¼” thick. Place into a medium bowl and leave out until it is room temperature.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the bowl with the butter, and fold ingredients with a spatula (or use a stand mixer) to incorporate.
- Place butter mixture into a piping bag and leave at room temperature.
- Fill escargot shell half way full with butter with piping bag inserted all the way inside the shell.
- Place escargot into shell and push into shell so that it is not deep inside and ¼” below the shells edge.
- Top off the shell with more butter to cover the escargot.
- Refrigerate overnight so that butter is set.
- Place 6 escargot shells with butter side up on a sheet tray, Bake in 475 degree Fahrenheit convection oven for about 7 to 8 minutes estimated.
- The escargot is cooked when butter is bubbling and the butter is slightly browning. Serve immediately with fresh baked baguette to eat with your escargot.