Ludo à la Maison Season 11, Episode 3...Frisee Lardon
FOR THE EGG:
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add the distilled vinegar. Bring to a boil then reduce down to a simmer.
- Crack each egg individually into a small bowl.
- Dip a large ladle into the water to warm it. Then pour most, but not all the water out.
- Add an egg to the ladle and slowly lower it into the water and hold it there until the white begins to set.
- Gently lay the egg into the water and swirl the water. Let cook until the white is fully set.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg and let the water drain on a paper towel and cook the remaining eggs.
FOR THE CROUTONS:
- Cut the brioche into large cubes and toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt.
- Bake in the oven at 350 until golden brown. (about 10min)
- Remove and let cool.
FOR THE SALAD:
- In a large sauté pan, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the lardons and sauté until crispy and cooked through.
- Add the shallots and sauté until soft. Add the sherry vinegar and mustard and scrape the crispy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the frisee to a bowl with the parsley, chives and a few of the croutons and top with the dressing.
- Add the frisee to the plate and top with more lardons, chives, croutons and seasoned poached egg.