< Back to Recipes
Strawberry Birthday Cake
One 9-inch sandwich tin
- 240 g (1.5 cups) Flour
- 1.5 g (1 tsp) Baking Powder
- 1.5 g (1/2 tsp) Salt
- 225 g (8 oz) Butter (tempered)
- 225 g (1 cup) Sugar
- 3 each Eggs
- 37.5 g (3 Tbsp) Mascarpone
- 1 each Vanilla Bean
- 2.5 g (1 tsp) Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 6 each Strawberries, finely chopped
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer with paddle attachment
- Scrape vanilla beans and add seeds to mixer
- In mixing bowl beat eggs, mascarpone, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Slowly add egg mixture to mixer on low speed. Scrape sides of mixer and continue to mix.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to mixer in small batches.
- Bake in at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Rotate the cake and back another 25 minutes. Remove cake when cake tester pulls clean.