< Back to Recipes
Makes about two dozen
For the MADELEINES
- 4 ¾ ounces unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp pure honey
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- ½ ounce light brown sugar
- 4 ¾ ounces self-rising flour, sifted
- 5 whole orange zest
- 1 whole lemon zest
- Melt the butter and honey in a saucepan and simmer until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the eggs, caster sugar and brown sugar together for 8-10 minutes in a stand mixer, until the mixture has tripled in volume and looks like a “ribbon” when the whisk is lifted.
- Fold the sifted flour and melted butter through the egg mixture until it is all incorporated, then add the orange and lemon zest. Pour into a plastic container and rest in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Grease the madeleines molds with butter, then dust with flour.
- Pour the madeleine batter in each mold and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes, until firm and golden gold.